Today I completed a 28 Day Gratitude Practice…
28 days of focused attention to blessings great and small…
What I appreciate most about the experience is that
my morning meditative self talk focus has shifted from
“what do I need to clear” (focused on the past) to
“what am I grateful for”… (focused on the present)…
And in the present moment,
I am laying the foundation for future moments…
of greater gratitude and joy.
I have been trying to resolve some physical health issues,
and knowing that there is an underlying mental, emotional, energetic
component to every disease and disorder,
I have developed the habit of waking up each day,
searching my mind for what I need to clear out of my psyche…
That “clearing” practice has been helpful in digging up and airing out
long forgotten unpleasant experiences, and allowing the biochemistry processing to complete…
But at some point, my habitual thought pattern became so focused on past wounds that I forgot to appreciate that I don’t live in my past anymore…
And I am much better served by being grateful,
in the present moment,
for blessings great and small…
Habits of thought are created through repetition, so, with the help of some special friends, I employed Rhonda Byrne’s “The Magic” (book 3 in the series of “The Secret”) as the structure for my 28 Day Gratitude Practice.
The first time through, I created the structure for our practice in the Facebook group, but my actual personal practice fizzled out…
Until one of my friends said “Let’s start this up again.”
This time, I am so happy to report that I completed each of the 28 Day Gratitude Practice prompts, with full purpose of heart…
and The Magic truly began to happen!
My energy lightened.
My spirits lifted.
I began looking for things to be grateful for.
I focused on noticing the joy…
And as I did, more joyful things appeared!
New clients showed up – effortless abundance!
I found the energy to deep clean my home – definite progress!
I received unexpected checks in the mail – a welcome surprise!
Today I woke up with gratitude phrases in my mind…
and found my body beginning to cooperate gently and joyfully…
“Thank you for my strong, healthy body.”
“Thank you for full range of motion.”
“Thank you for full relaxation.”
“Thank you for standing tall and walking strong.”
“Thank you for all the love in my life.”
As I write this post, a children’s song comes to mind…
from the Children’s Songbook…
one that I taught my own little ones…
a song of saying thank you… thank you… thank you…
a song of receiving divine love…
“Children All Over the World”
All over the world at the end of day, Words: Peggy Hill Ryskamp, b. 1949. © 1975 IRI
Heav’nly Father’s children kneel down and pray,
Each saying thank you in his own special way,
Saying thank you, thank you in his own special way.
“Wir danken dir.” (veer don-ken deer)
All over the world tender voices hear.
Some say “tak,” (tahk)
others “merci,” (mare-see)
“Kansha shimasu,” (kahn-shah shee-mah-sue)
We thank thee.
Our Heavenly Father hears them;
He understands each tongue.
Our Heav’nly Father knows them;
He loves them,
Music: Beth Groberg Stratton, b. 1944. © 1975 IRI
Children’s Songbook of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
The Process of Authentic Healing
True, authentic healing is a process more than an event. I don’t know that if, in the human experience, we are ever finished with it. “Line upon line is how this process of awakening to increased conscious awareness and authentic wholeness has been for me.”
A friend once told me “sometimes the only thing holding us back is ourselves”. In my case, it was true. I had let childhood hurts turn into huge fears… and those old things kept popping up through out my lifetime and getting in the way of me going forward and being at peace and happy. Chronic stresses compounded over the years, and eventually impacted my physical health.
The good news is that I found ways to reach out for help and detox from so much stuff.
I am so grateful for the naturopathic and energy healing processes I have experienced… one after another, as I have been led to them, I have been able to release those old issues and feel my spirit more fully “seated” in my body… I feel more whole.
I’m a writer, so in my healing, I developed something I call SoulTalk… where I journal my feelings and experience of using energy exercises for specific issues and release them.
I’ve learned from The Emotion Code, Quantum Touch, Healing the Inner Child, the Figure 8 Exercise, Emotional Freedom Technique, Craniosacral Therapy, Law of Attraction Training, Energy Medicine, Theta Healing, Chakra Healing, Soulprint Healing, Soul Embodiment, Wholetones Music Therapy, and more.
Now, when I find myself triggered, I am able to recognize and identify the specific issues, use these energetic clearing tools to accept and release them, call upon Divine Light and Love to fill and enlighten my body, mind and spirit, and to protect my soul going forward.
As an empath, I’ve also learned to recognize when the emotions and energy of others is affecting me, and know how to deal with it. Sometimes it is a message from ancestors on the other side of the veil, requesting emotional shifts, and I am able to accommodate that and vicariously clear old traumas from past, present and future generations.
In January this year, I focused on a 28 Day Gratitude Practice, which helped me immensely. I found that gratitude brought me to a place of forgiveness… and opened the door to more healing. If you’d like to enjoy the same process, join this group… and scroll to the oldest posts… that’s where to start. It also shows the reference to the book I used, if you’d like that.
I In the process of reaching for and creating my own authentic healing, I have discovered several of my own sacred gifts / spiritual gifts – including the gift of Empathy, Intercessory Prayer, the Gift of Healing and others… I am learning to use these in positive ways. I even certified as a guide for a course called Discover Your Sacred Gifts… and the more I guide others through it, the more clear I am regarding my own.
I’ve learned that when I focus only on clearing things, I can actually create more to clear, so I stay stuck in the past. So at some point, when you feel you have let go of enough personal and generational traumas that you can relax enough to breathe deeply and feel the spirit within you, there is a need to learn to live and enjoy and create in the present.
Though you may feel there are still things to clear, I encourage you to begin a daily practice of letting go of what has come before, allowing yourself to appreciate the small beauties and joys of daily life, and consciously focus on creating more of what brings you joy.
Blessings to all…
Grateful for What is NOT
28 Day Gratitude Practice: Counting My Blessings Day 13
Today was a very full day.
I was so busy I did not have time to eat until late.
And I surely did not get enough water throughout the day.
No worries, I have some now.
Today I went from one amazing process of life transformation to another.
Changes seem to be coming faster and faster and faster.
I receive one and suddenly there are more…
More to be noticed, reviewed, accepted and appreciated.
I am certain they all received my invitation to arrive…
and just in the nick of time, here they all are…
But now, at the end of the day,
I am feeling quite frazzled…
Even perhaps a bit bedazzled…
So tonight, when I am counting my blessings,
which I had intended to count this morning,
I find myself most grateful for
“What Is Not”.
First and foremost, I am grateful that I am not a politician.
I attended a county commissioner meeting today,
learning about a process that will affect our property…
That whole process exhausts me.
Here’s 10 more “What Nots”:
I am not dead.
I am not hungry.
I am not too young.
I am not too old.
I am not too big.
I am not too small.
I am not afraid.
I am not without hope.
I am not without resources.
I am not alone.
I know there are many more.
But in this moment they have escaped my consciousness.
And tomorrow, after the reset of bountiful sleep,
I will be again able to remember how to focus on Gratitude for What Is.
But for now, I am Most Grateful for What is NOT.
I invite you to Join Us… and remember what you are most grateful for… and not.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
It is done, It is done, It is done.
Gratitude for the People in My Life
28 Day Gratitude Practice
Counting My Blessings: Day 12 Gratitude for the People in My Life
Today I am full of gratitude for the people in my life who help me in so many ways…
1. Emotional sharing helps me feel soul connected and not alone on this journey of life, giving me a glimpse into eternal joy…
2. Technical support helps me be successful in my online work. Just yesterday I asked a technically gifted friend for some simple PC computer advice, and within 3 hours I had a new computer on my desktop, installed and functional… totally amazing!
3. Physical support gives me an arm to lean on when I need it. The status of my physical health and strength varies day to day. Sometimes I’m absolutely fine. Sometimes I feel a bit off balance. I so appreciate the kind patience of those I am close to – they seem to have an awareness of my needs and offer assistance without being asked. And they let me do it myself when I can.
4. I am grateful for my amazing clients! They appreciate my efforts on their behalf and the results they receive. It is a blessing to have work that I enjoy.
5. I am grateful for my Facebook friends. I know that when I feel a bit scattered, 10 minutes on my FB feed and I am inspired, calmed, encouraged, challenged and loved.
6. I am grateful for spiritual tools mentors who show me how to explore the path to be more fully present, more fully connected to divine spirit, to more easily flow through my life experiences awake, aware, and on purpose… without resistance or fear.
7. I am grateful for the trust I see in my grandchildren’s eyes, when they come to me for love, acceptance, encouragement, guidance, and faith… This is when I know I still have much to live for…
8. I am so grateful for this curious, divine experience of physical embodiment… that my eternal spirit has the opportunity to feel waves of emotion and explore what these emotions mean to me…
9. I am grateful that I can choose the emotions that I prefer. I have the power to simply turn away from that which I perceive as being a negative influence on me… and turning more fully toward that which feels supportive and joyful.
10. I am grateful that though I have lived a good number of years already, in some ways I feel my life is just beginning…
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
It is done, It is done, It is done.
Join with us on Facebook
A Magic Morning
28 Day Gratitude Practice Day 11
“When you wake up to the new day, before you do a single thing, say the magic words, ‘thank you.’ From the moment you open your eyes until you’ve finished getting ready, say the magic words, ‘thank you’ in your mind for everything you touch and use. “ – From “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrne
Sharing your gratitude contributes to the positive energy on the planet.
Join our 28 Day Gratitude group and experience the shift.
28 Day Gratitude Practice: Day 10 Counting My Blessings
I am convinced that there are at least 10 blessings in every thing that is. Even something as simple as an avocado. Here’s my list of Avocado Blessings…
- I am thankful for my avocado, that I have something fresh for breakfast…
- I am thankful for salt and pepper with which to season my avocado…
- I am thankful for the store where I bought the avocado…
- I am thankful for the people who work in the store and their careful handling of my avocado…
- I am thankful for the trucks that brought my avocado to the store.
- I am thankful for the people who drove the trucks to bring my avocado to the store…
- I am thankful for the avocado tree, that grew the fruit…
- I am thankful for the avocado farmer, who watched over the tree and the fruit…
- I am thankful for the earth that supported the avocado tree as it grew…
- I am thankful for the water the avocado tree drank…
- I am thankful for the sun that warmed the earth and the seed…
- I am thankful for the seed of the avocado, that it can sprout and become a new avocado tree and make more fruit to share…
Today, I am thankful for all that is.
It is done, it is done, it is done.
Over 100 people are contributing to the higher energy on the planet in this 28 Day Gratitude Practice. We’d love to have you join in…
Magic Dust Everyone
28 Day Gratitude Practice, Day 10
“Today, sprinkle magic dust on ten people who perform services you benefit from, by thanking them directly or otherwise by mentally acknowledging and thanking them. Feel grateful to them for the service they perform!” – From “The Magic”, by Rhonda Byrne
Join us – 28 Day Gratitude Practice on Facebook
The Money Magnet
28 Day Gratitude Practice: Day 9 Exercise
“Take any unpaid bills you have, use Gratitude’s Magic Power, and write across each one, ‘Thank You for The Money’. Feel grateful for having the money to pay the bill, whether you have it or not.” – From “The Magic”, by Rhonda Byrne
Join us in our 28 Day Gratitude Practice and feel “The Magic”
28 Day Gratitude Practice Day 8 – Counting My Blessings
In Gratitude for…
… Some Things to Do
… Some Places to Go
… Some Family to Love
… Some Friends to Share With
… Some Understanding of the Past
… Some Connection with God
… Some Gifts I Can Give
… Some Difference I can Make
… Some Power in the Present
… Some Hope for the Future
… Some Faith to Carry On
– Jo Lyn Cornelsen
Rainbow Garden Artwork by Carol Lorraine
The Magic Ingredient
The Magic Ingredient
“Before you eat or drink anything today,
Take a moment to look at what you are about to eat or drink,
And in your mind or out loud,
Say the words, ‘thank you’.
If you want, you can sprinkle your food or drink with Magic Dust.”
– From “The Magic”, by Rhonda Byrne
28 Day Gratitude Practice – Jo Lyn Cornelsen