28 Day Gratitude Practice Day 8 – Counting My Blessings
In Gratitude for…
… Some Things to Do
… Some Places to Go
… Some Family to Love
… Some Friends to Share With
… Some Understanding of the Past
… Some Connection with God
… Some Gifts I Can Give
… Some Difference I can Make
… Some Power in the Present
… Some Hope for the Future
… Some Faith to Carry On
– Jo Lyn Cornelsen
Rainbow Garden Artwork by Carol Lorraine
In this Morning Exercise for Day 4 of my 28 Day Gratitude Practice, in counting my blessings, I discover I am extremely grateful that I can feel Divine Love.
10 things I am grateful for today.
1. An increase in Divine Connection as the Spirit witnesses quietly to me when I am in alignment with truth. This is just one example of infinite, Divine Love. I felt it in great measure yesterday in church, after braving the icy roads to attend. The simple act of attending a church service with the intent to connect with God seems to be like a reset button – clearing away the cares of the past week and bringing balance and renewed energy for the next.
2. Gratitude for the beautiful souls and constant kindnesses of the people in my life.
3. Birds playing in the snow. They remind me that live continues, whatever the season we are in.
4. The crisp stillness of cold winter air…
5. Ginger Cookies – gluten free, of course.
6. Grandma’s “Christmas Drink” recipe – Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves in a blend of Apple Cider, Orange Juice, and Lemonaide mixed well and warmed with fond memories of Winters Past…
7. Electric appliances like clothes washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, stoves and more… these modern conveniences afford me the time luxury of being introspective.
8. Beauty, symmetry, variety and randomness.
9. Music. There’s always a song in my head and in my heart…
10. Hope. Hope that today will be a beautiful day, inside and out. Hope for more soul satisfying experiences and a continuation of Divine Love.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
It is done, it is done, it is done.
Jo Lyn Cornelsen