In this Morning Exercise for Day 4 of my 28 Day Gratitude Practice, in counting my blessings, I discover I am extremely grateful that I can feel Divine Love.
10 things I am grateful for today.
1. An increase in Divine Connection as the Spirit witnesses quietly to me when I am in alignment with truth. This is just one example of infinite, Divine Love. I felt it in great measure yesterday in church, after braving the icy roads to attend. The simple act of attending a church service with the intent to connect with God seems to be like a reset button – clearing away the cares of the past week and bringing balance and renewed energy for the next.
2. Gratitude for the beautiful souls and constant kindnesses of the people in my life.
3. Birds playing in the snow. They remind me that live continues, whatever the season we are in.
4. The crisp stillness of cold winter air…
5. Ginger Cookies – gluten free, of course.
6. Grandma’s “Christmas Drink” recipe – Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves in a blend of Apple Cider, Orange Juice, and Lemonaide mixed well and warmed with fond memories of Winters Past…
7. Electric appliances like clothes washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, stoves and more… these modern conveniences afford me the time luxury of being introspective.
8. Beauty, symmetry, variety and randomness.
9. Music. There’s always a song in my head and in my heart…
10. Hope. Hope that today will be a beautiful day, inside and out. Hope for more soul satisfying experiences and a continuation of Divine Love.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
It is done, it is done, it is done.
Jo Lyn Cornelsen
Count Your Blessings
Count Your Blessings – the inspiration and the structure for my 28 Day Gratitude Practice comes from “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrne. This first exercise, to be repeated for 28 days, is called the “Count Your Blessings Practice”.
Count Your Blessings Practice
“First thing in the morning, make a list of ten blessings in your life you are grateful for. Write why you are grateful for each blessing. Go back and read your list, either in your mind or out loud. When you get to the end of each one, say the magic words, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, and feel the gratitude for that blessing as much as you possibly can. Repeat the Count Your Blessings Practice for the next 27 days.”
This reminds me of the Christian Hymn, Count Your Many Blessings
“Count your many blessings, name them one by one.
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.”
Whether we look at the conditions of our lives as trials or blessings is simply a matter of perspective.
And perspective is a choice.
Maybe that’s where the magic comes from …
Our own choice of perspective…
I choose joy.
Counting My Blessings…
Jo Lyn Cornelsen
28 Day Gratitude Practice
I am beginning my New Year by Counting My Blessings with a 28 Day Gratitude Practice, introduced to me by my soul friend Jeanie Brosius King, and based on the book “The Magic”, by Rhonda Byrne. Here’s 10 things I am grateful for this morning.
I am excited to see what comes up for me each day as the practice progresses… as I count my blessings. Will my thoughts of gratitude tend to be specific or general? Will my day to day activities be more important to me than taking time to be grateful? Will I really find 10 different things to write about each day for 28 days? If I can do it, I will complete this 28 day gratitude practice with a list of 280 blessings accounted for.
Well, I think I can do this… or I wouldn’t have agreed to begin. I can do it because I live a lifestyle that allows me to sleep until completely rested, and my first waking thoughts include a practice of meditative prayer. This early morning hour is for me, sacred, grounding, balancing, centering and connecting. It feeds my soul. And for that, I am most grateful.
So here’s my first 10 things I am grateful for on this first of my 28 Day Gratitude Practice.
- Life itself.
- My husband.
- Each of our children. There’s 5 of them…
- Each of our grandchildren… 14 so far, and more to come…
- A comfortable bed to sleep in, a roof over my head, and the beautiful trees that connect me with the Creator of All Things…Oh wait… that’s more than 10 things, and I have 27 more days of gratitude to go!
Sending blessings of gratitude, abundance of joy to the world in this New Year of 2016
Jo Lyn Cornelsen
THE MAGIC by Rhonda Byrne
“The Count Your Blessings and Magic Rock practices will ensure that you begin and end your days in a state of gratitude, In fact, they are so powerful that together they would change your life in a few months, But this book is designed to change your life really fast through an abundance of magical practices. Because gratitude is magnetic and attracts more things to be grateful for, the concentration of gratitude over 28 days will intensify the magnetic force of our gratitude. When you have a strong magnetic force of gratitude, like magic, you will automatically magnetize everything you want and need to you!” The Magic, by Rhonda Byrne, page 39